Weston Super Mare Pride is to honour its LGBT+ champions at its first ever Awards Night.
The Champion Awards were created by Weston-super-Mare Pride in partnership with local newspaper Weston Mercury to find and recognise exceptional people, traders and organisations within the LGBT+ community who go above and beyond to champion equality.
Nominees and members of the public will join together from 7pm on Friday 28th June at the Tiffany Tea Room on the Grand Pier for an evening of celebration.
The evening will start with a Weston-super-Mare seaside themed supper and dessert.
Rachael said, “We wish all the nominees the very best of luck…”
Be prepared to be entertained as the Grand finalists of Weston Drag Race compete for the chance to perform on the main stage at Weston-super-Mare Pride 2019
The categories are:
– Equality Education Champion – this award recognises any LGBTQ+ persona or ally who has made a significant contribution to advancing equality in an educational environment.
– Equality Workplace Champion – this celebrates someone who has made a contribution to advancing equality in a workplace environment.
– Equality Community Champion – like the previous two awards, this is for someone who has made a similar contribution in the wider community.
– Equality Youth Champion – this award will celebrate someone making these efforts who is under the ago of 18.
– Equality Organisation Award – the final prize is for an organisation or business which has made an impact either in the community or on a national scale.
And if that was not enough, Proud Bar’s resident DJ Christian will have you dancing the night away… Well until Midnight anyway.
Tickets cost £20 pp and available at www.wsmpride.com/awards
There are limited tickets so do book at your earliest convenience. We will aim to hold some space available for non-ticket holders but cannot guarantee this. All monies raised from ticket sales is used to cover the cost of the event and any remaining funds will be put towards the WSM Pride 2019 event. WSM pride is a not-for-profit organisation and is run entirely by volunteers.
Attire & Additional information
We would kindly request all attendees to adhere to a smart dress code. This is an LGBTQ+ event so feel free to express yourself, dress to impress and live your best life. Strictly no trainers, flip-flops or jeans.
THEGAYUK.com is a proud media partner to Weston-super-Mare Pride