Looking for an internship in media?
THEGAYUK offers internships to bright, motivated individuals who are looking for a start in the new media industry.
With our UK wide focus, internships can place from your own location. All you need is a good internet connection, a computer and a phone, so location is not a factor in being able to gain valuable experience in journalism as you can work from home.
We offer 1, 2 and 4-week internships where you will become an integral part of the editorial team, with daily connection to the editorial team in Nottingham.
You will get the opportunity to learn and craft your skills as a journalist, looking for, gaining sources, learn networking and other key skills to become a force to be reckoned with.
What you can experience
- Looking for and developing relationships which will ultimately lead to the creation of great content now and in the future.
- Learn how to interact and connect with PR, marketing and other media professionals.
- Editorial meetings with remote access.
- Interview technique.
- Viral writing technique.
- Producing content to a deadline and bringing assets in on budget.
- Organising photo shoots, dealing with talent and coordinating all aspects of running a shoot.
- The ability to work remotely, from home, on a train or even in a sandwich shop in central London.
- Developing ideas for future issues and online.
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org