My colleagues have been largely supportive, but there is one who is making me really uncomfortable by joking about my physical appearance and changes. What do I do?

Firstly, be aware that you do not have to tolerate any behaviour or comments about your gender or transition that you find humiliating, hostile, degrading or offensive. This is known as harassment under the Equality Act 2010.

However, there can be a number of ways to handle the matter depending on the individuals concerned. You could lodge a formal grievance and ask your employer to investigate and take action, or if you prefer, explain to the individual that you want the comments to stop. Either way, keep a diary of any incidents and keep your manager informed so they can monitor the situation.

shop dildos for gay sex

By Zee Hussain, partner and Head of the Employment Department at Colemans-ctts