The summer months are upon us and some of us are daring to bare.
Good on you. All hail the short wearer. However here’s a few golden rules when wearing short shorts:
1) Never with socks. Unless they are tiny, tiny, tiny trainer liners. If you are caught wearing socks with shorts I will have to eviscerate you and a message sent to your loved ones that you are no longer able to wear shorts.
2) Get some sun on those pasty whites. No one likes the look of translucent legs, so get some tan on those pins. Fake or real. Whatever. Just don’t make traffic swerve off the road with your milk bottle legs.
3) Every time you wear shorts with sandals a Gay fairy somewhere dies. So don’t do it.
4. Confident short wearing is a must in 2012. Splashes of colour everywhere and we like. A bit like a kid or adult Gay man in the M&M store. This year Hawaiian, bold prints, brash block colours and vintage cuts are all the rage. Go crazy.
5) Get rid of the caves. And by this we mean those oversized pockets on cargo shorts. Why on earth do you need such big pockets? Still carrying a CD Player? It bulks your silhouette and they aren’t particularly comfortable to sit on. So lose the pockets and get some more form fitting shorts. If you’re still carting around a disc-man consider taking a bag instead or dump it – you’re living in 2012 for the love of Beiber’s hair.
6) And the death knell ringth for the denim. Forget the blue stuff and reach for linen, chino shorts and cotton. Let your man bits breathe!
7) Watch your hemline boys… Get shorts with a hemline that rests above the knee. It’ll make you look more svelte and taller.
8) Straight cut and fitting. Show off your form. It’s all about the Olly Murs (packing it) You’ll never get a booty call (is anyone still calling it that) if you don’t show of the goods. Marketing 101
9) Short shorts. Now, we love a man in short shorts, but there is a time and place. Short shorts, should remain the visual property of the seaside or the pool. You maybe mistaken for those wonderful 118 chaps if you start wearing them around the town centre. And for god’s sake make sure they have a netting inside. Nobody wants to see your man marbles on a Sunday afternoon, whilst sitting and drinking a frap-a-cap-a-latt-a
10) Sports wear is for the playground, tennis court, football pitch – not for the high street and while it may be comfortable for lounging around in – remember – ‘You’re a Gay man now….”
The editor and chief of THEGAYUK.
YOUR SUPPORT MEANS EVERYTHING
Help us deliver unique, usable and reliable journalism that supports the gay, bisexual and curious community of the United Kingdom. Can you help protect LGBT+ media? Publishers like us have come under severe threat by the likes of Google and Facebook. The problem is that advertisers are choosing to put their money with them, rather than with niche publishers like us. Our goal is to eliminate banner ads altogether on site and we can do that if you could pledge us a tiny amount each month. We're asking our readers to pledge just £1 per month, more if you're feeling swanky. You can stop payment at any time. It's quick and easy to sign up and you'll only have to do it once. Click to start the journey!