A man has died after a vibrator was stuck in his anus for five days, after being too embarrassed to seek advice from doctors.

The fifty-year-old carer from Forest Hill, London, was rushed into hospital on New Year’s Eve after telling a friend that he had been ‘lying on the sofa for five days feeling dizzy and weak’, the Evening Standard reports.

The man went into septic shock and was rushed into emergency surgery at Lewisham Hospital to remove the vibrator from his anus, Southwark Coroner’s Court heard on Tuesday. He died over a month later on 7th February.

The autopsy revealed that the man died of multiple organ failure, sepsis (a condition that is triggered by an infection) and a punctured bowel.

If sepsis is not treated quickly multiple organ failures may result.

The coroner ruled that the man ‘died as a result of an accident.’



A note from the editor.

These are tough times for us all. Without a doubt. But we're here for you and want to continue being here for you for the foreseeable future. THEGAYUK.com needs your help to survive. Due to the nature of the articles that we publish, we find it very hard to monetize our site and have been heavily restricted by ad platforms. This leaves us two ways of making money to keep this site going. 1) We run an online shop which we encourage you to visit and if you can make a purchase and 2) We run popup shops at the prides we media partner with. As you'll no doubt be aware the majority of pride events have been cancelled or postponed for 2020, which leaves our site at risk of closure.

Around 70 per cent of our funding comes from these popup shops. So we have a severe funding shortfall for 2020.

If just 100 people who use this site each donated £2 per month we'd be able to pay for the hosting for the rest of the year - meaning we can continue to keep THEGAYUK online. Please, if you can, consider donating £2 or whatever you can to keep us going.

Thank you.

Jake

Advertisements