This is ridiculously easy to prepare, make, and eat. Surprisingly creamy and smooth considering there is no milk or cream element to this, hence why it’s a sorbet.
I made a batch of Homemade Honeycomb and smashed some pieces over the top for decoration along with some pomegranate jewels
DARK CHOCOLATE – You wouldn’t want to eat it in one sitting obviously but just to show you, based on 70-85% cocoa; 100g dark chocolate contains the following percentages of your recommended daily intake; 67% iron, 58% magnesium, 89% copper (great for immune system), 98% manganese, along with potassium, phosphorous, zinc, and selenium.
200g caster sugar
80g cocoa (I used Bournville)
175g dark chocolate (blitzed or bashed into small pieces)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar, cocoa and just 375ml of the water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Stirring frequently while you continue to boil it for a minute.
- Take off the heat and stir in the blitzed chocolate and vanilla and remaining 180ml of water.
- At this point you could now either use an electric whisk or pour into a blender to smooth the mixture for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a container and chill thoroughly.
- Once chilled, follow your ice cream machine’s manufacturer instructions to making the sorbet. I used a Magimix Le Glacier which churned the sorbet for 30 minutes.