Dukkah Goats Cheese Salad with Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette
Serves 6-8 people
4 teaspoons Dukkah spice (available at most supermarkets)
35g plain flour
35g panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs would work)
1 egg, beaten
4 x 100g goats cheese rounds
10 radishes, sliced
10 sundried tomatoes, sliced (Check out our recipe for Slow Beau Tomatoes on TGUK website)
2 handfuls of Good 4 U Lentil & Bean Shoots (available at most supermarkets)
2 handfuls spinach
a handful basil leaves
Raspberry & Basil Vinaigrette;
180ml extra virgin olive oil
65g fresh raspberries
60ml red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried basil
2-3 fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp honey
- Set up three plates like a little factory line for each the; flour, egg and panko.
- Coat each goats cheese firstly in the flour, then dip in the egg, and finally coating in the panko. Sprinkle a teaspoon of dukka onto the top of each goats cheese piece and press down lightly with the back of a spoon. Set these aside in the fridge on a foil lined baking sheet, for at least half an hour, or you could even do this the night before.
- Blitz all the vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor and set aside in the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c / 180c (fan) / Gas Mark 6
- Arrange your salad ingredients either on individual plates or serving platter.
- Place the goats cheese into the oven for 15-20 minutes, but do keep your eye on them to avoid the Dukkah spice from catching on the heat.
- Remove from the oven, and place on top of your salad and serve with the dressing on the side. Slice the goats cheese rounds in half for serving.
MORE: Salad recipes
“Cooking Food Is One Thing… Sharing Food Is Everything” – From sunny Brighton, if you love my work then you’ll love my new book ‘Food For Friends’ – Available for Apple, Android and Kindle devises from TheGayShop.co.uk – Enjoy.