It’s that time of year again to dust off the mixing bowl and dig out that half-empty tin of syrup from 1998. If you’re looking to make some pancakes here’s how you do it.
100g Plain Flour
1. Sift flour into a large bowl.
2. Add eggs to centre of flour and mix in.
3. Slowly add milk and whisk to a smooth batter.
4. Leave the mix for at least half an hour before cooking.
5. Once ready to serve heat a little oil in a pan and add a ladle of batter to the hot oil.
6. Let the mix coat the pan and cook for 30 – 45 seconds. (Thicker batter may require a longer cooking time)
7. With a spatula slide around the edge off the pancake and shake ready for the first flip.
8. Confidence will ensure a successful flip. It’s all in the wrist!
9. Finally, add a choice of fillings from traditional lemon and sugar to chocolate spread and marshmallows.
Happy Shrove Tuesday! Send us your pancake tossing pictures to newsdesk@TheGayUK.com
The UK’s bitchiest agony aunt. Send her your woes if you dare.