According to new research millions of men value their Bromances more than their actual relationships.
A study of men in the UK found that they would prefer to turn to their mates for advice, companionship, and a good old gossip over drinks than the women in their life. With one in six questioned saying that they don’t consider their partners to be their best friend.
In fact, a third of the guys surveyed admit their partner simply doesn’t share the same interests and hobbies as them, while a further quarter claim their spouse never listens.
Nearly a third would prefer to go on a weekend away with their male friends than with their female partners.
The study conducted by Grant’s Signature Whisky showed that in addition to their partner, the average male feels the need for at least three best mates with whom they want to share important parts of their life with.
Carrianne Sutton, Brand Manager for Grants Whisky, which conducted the study of 1,000 British men said:
“Men need men, it’s as simple as that.
“Unlike a relationship with your significant other, the lack of intimacy in a Bromance means there are no barriers. They don’t need to be wary of what they’re saying and how they’re acting With blokes, anything goes.
“You can share a drink and have banter, knowing that whatever you say, it won’t get taken out of context. In fact, a lot of partners could learn a lot from their man’s Bromance!”
Incredibly a fifth of men claim partners come and go, but friends are there for life.
So there you go MEN NEED MEN and we couldn’t agree more!
TOP 10 REASONS WHY BLOKES VALUE THE BROMANCE ABOVE THE ROMANCE:
- Blokes are totally honest, regardless of feelings
- They are always there for you, even at 3am in the morning
- Mates have the ability to make you laugh even when you feel terrible
- They don’t judge you, whatever your behaviour
- They’ll stick up for you whenever you need it, even if you’re in the wrong
- They know what to say to you when you’re feeling really down
- They enjoy trivial meaningless conversations about absolutely nothing
- They are always on your side, even if you’re behaving badly
- They always see the best in you, when perhaps no-one else can
- They share all your hobbies and interests