It’s been a difficult job, cracking, sampling and savouring the many chocolate delights available this coming Easter, but an equally important one. Here are our Top 10 Easter Eggs
With so much choice on the market, ranging from pence to hundreds of pounds, we’ve brought you the best of a bunch that taste fantastic whilst not cracking the bank account. You’ll go nuts for the white chocolate and coconut of the aptly named Coconut Egg, which also comes with some tasty truffles.
If you live a dairy, wheat free or vegan life then the orange Moo Free Egg is for you.
The sneaky folk at Chococo have hidden large chunks of honeycomb to the inside walls of their milk chocolate egg. You’ll certainly feel warm after a wee dram of whisky and chocolate from the Famous Names Egg. Beautifully presented comes the sea salt caramel truffles and egg from Prestat. Liquorice lovers will fall head over heals for these delicious liquorice truffles coated in chocolate and edible silver.
Nothing beats the crisp mint of the Elizabeth Shaw Egg and chocolates. The Chocolate Dippy Eggs are perfect for someone who likes to share their treats with six chunky chocs in a pack. A beautiful self standing egg shaped tin from Maxim’s is filled with praline balls that’ll melt most hearts. Finally, the unusual panel shaped egg from Bettys is made with dark chocolate and tastes as good as it looks. Enjoy!
Top 10 Easter Eggs
1. The Coconut Egg, white chocolate with toasted coconut – Tesco £10.00
2. Moo Free Orange Egg – Holland and Barrett £4.99
3. Heavenly Honeycombe Studded Egg – Chococo.co.uk £9.95
4. Famous Names Whisky Collection – Waitrose £10.00
5. Sea Salt Caramel Truffle Egg – Prestat £16.00
6. Lakrids soft liquorice covered in chocolate, crisp shell and edible silver- Souschef.co.uk £19.95
7. Elizabeth Shaw Dark Mint Honeycomb Crisp Egg – Asda £10.00
8. Cocoa Bean Chocolate Dippy Egg Strip – Amazon £15.87 (3 packs)
9. Maxim’s de Paris White Egg with Chocolate Praline Balls – Amazon £7.89
10. Single Origin Brazilian Dark Chocolate Egg – Bettys £25.00
The UK’s bitchiest agony aunt. Send her your woes if you dare.