Skip to the content
9 Things You Did Not Know About Nick Grimshaw
29th August 2015
Nick Grimshaw is the shiny new thing on X Factor’s judging panel as well Radio 1’s morning chap… Here are 9 things you didn’t know about Grimmy.
- Nick Grimshaw came out as gay in 2012 during an interview with The Guardian, and upon coming out he said his perfect man would be Frank Ocean.
- Last year Nick and Scott Mills shared a bath – but not at same time… But they did have a cheeky snog…
- He has worked for all TV channels, appearing as a presenter, apart from Channel 5.
- He has always worked in music, his first job, at the age of 17, was for a record company.
- He’s remained very tight-lipped about his love life, but it hasn’t stopped unfounded and LOLZ rumours about him and a certain boy band member… However recently he’s been linked to star photographer Michael Mayren.
- In May 2015, having been in Radio One’s prime spot for two and a half years Grimshaw’s Breakfast Show fell to 5.5 million listeners a week… He was congratulated by the station’s controller Ben Cooper who said “I’m pleased that Grimmy is doing what I’ve asked of him by keeping his young audience happy and scaring off the over-30s.”
- Nick Grimshaw is a Leo… Born on the 14th August 1984.
- He once, reportedly refused to promote a Rihanna album because she apparently cancelled an interview with him. He denied the rumour and that the snub was “tongue in cheek”.
- Simon Cowell has refused to call Nick “Grimmy” which is the DJ’s nickname. He said he’d only call him Nicholas on the show.