Man Dies After Becoming Ill In Newcastle Gay Sauna
A man has died in hospital after falling ill at a gay sauna in Newcastle.
A 50-year-old man died after becoming ill at the Number 52 sauna in Newcastle. He was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary on Sunday afternoon after the emergency services were alerted. The man was pronounced dead at arrival to the hospital.
Police in Newcastle have investigated the death but it is not being treated as suspicious and the death has now been passed on to the coroner.
A spokesman for the police said,
“At around 2.10pm on Sunday officers were called to an address on Scotswood Road in Newcastle to reports a 50-year-old man had fallen unwell.
“Ambulance crews attended and the man was taken to hospital by paramedics where he was pronounced dead.
Officers carried out enquiries but there’s not believed to be any third party involvement”.
Earlier this year a man died at the Waterloo branch of Chariots after falling ill. A member of staff confirmed to THEGAYUK that he died of “natural causes – a heart attack”. The man’s death at Chariots was not related to drug use.
In February three men were taken to casualty after becoming ill at the Vauxhall branch.