Frozen Yoghurt Cherry Berry Fix
Prep 10 mins
Minimum Freezing of 1 hour
Super quick and easy to prepare. If you wanted a mass of these awaiting your munchy moments, you could double or even triple the ingredients.
I eat these straight from frozen and let them melt in my mouth, but some with sensitive teeth may prefer to remove 20 minutes or so before eating, just to take the frozen-edge off! My favourite part of the preparation for this is the leftover fruit infused yoghurt you have left in the bowl at the end after the dipping of the fruit.
Around 80g of fruit counts as one of your 5-a-day. Want to take the nutrition up a notch? I’ve recently discovered Arctic Power Berries available in; blueberry, cranberry, or sea buckthorn. Literally dried and powdered, using the whole fruits, and with a teaspoon of the powder being equivalent to a handful of fresh berries- it really gives a unique, healthy & nutritional nudge with these yoghurt-y frozen fruit fragments.
250g Greek natural yoghurt (0% Fat)
100g frozen dark cherries
100g frozen strawberry slices (or better, whole)
- feel free to substitute the fruit to your liking
Arctic Power Berries (optional)
- Line a baking sheet that will fit in one of your freezer drawers with greaseproof paper.
- Weigh out the yoghurt in a bowl and begin to either dip the fruit, or combine very gently with the yoghurt. I like a mix of some dipped and some completely coated.
- If you are using the Arctic Power Berries, have a small amount of your chosen power powder in a separate bowl to then dab the yoghurt side of the fruit piece in.
- Carefully place the yoghurt covered fruit pieces onto the greaseproof paper.
- Once all the fruit is coated and on the baking sheet, place into the freezer for at least 1 hour.
“Cooking Food Is One Thing… Sharing Food Is Everything” – From sunny Brighton, if you love my work then you’ll love my new book ‘Food For Friends’ – Available for Apple, Android and Kindle devises from TheGayShop.co.uk – Enjoy.