RECIPE | Double Chocolate Sea Salt Brownies
The very best brownies I have tasted surprisingly have no flour. I have tried out so many brownie recipes over the years and I always find that flourless brownies are often times much nicer. You may wish to add some chocolate sauce, ice-cream or both but I like to keep it plain and simple.
After all, a chocolate brownie is a once-off treat and should leave you wanting another square not feeling too full and this recipe achieves just that.
– 225g Dark Valrhona Dark Chocolate (70% Coca)
– 225g Milk Valrhona Chocolate
– 350g Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
– 300g Caster Sugar
– 6 Large Organic Eggs
– 2 Vanilla Pods (Split)
– 1 – 2 Tsp Sea Salt
– 1 Baking Tray or Swiss Roll Tray (11″/28cm X 8 1/2″/21.5cm approx)
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C or Gas Mark 3. Line the baking tray well with grease-proof paper.
2. Melt the butter, dark chocolate and milk chocolate in a Pyrex bowl over a low heat. Stir well until all the mixture is melted.
3. Mix the eggs, vanilla and sugar well on a medium speed for exactly 10mins until light and velvety.
4. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture with a spatula, placing the spatula deep down the end of the bowl to incorporate all the chocolate.
5. Pour the mixture evenly onto your lined baking tray and sprinkle the sea-salt evenly over the top of the entire mixture and place gently into the oven. It is very important you are gently placing the tray in the oven to avoid the brownies from collapsing.
6. Bake for 50mins. The brownies are done when you stick a skewer into the centre and it comes out clean. If you wish, melt some white chocolate and drizzle it over the top for a stylish topping. Place the tray very gently onto an even surface in your larder for 4-6 hours or over night.
7. Cut the brownies in the tray as the top of the brownies will crack if you remove them from the tray. Re-heat on a very low heat and serve with a dollop of softly whipped cream. The end result is a hard topped brownie with a soft, fudgy, and delicious centre.
Try these brownies with my Salted Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate recipe