Ahh the nineties…
1) Your first visit to “the scene” was a huge huge deal. And once you got there it was like heaven.
2) You had to, had to, have the curtain hair style and if your Mum was cool you were also allowed a step.
3) You screamed when Britney came on.
4) You screamed when Take That came on.
5) HIV and AIDS were scary AF and the memory of this advert still haunted us…
6) You had to watch Will And Grace.
7) You had to watch Queer As Folk – the UK.
8) Fila. That. Is. All.
9) You knew all the moves to Vogue… and then some.
10) You knew all the moves to Wannabe and then some.
11) Bleach was your go-to hair product.
12) Double denim was okay and socially acceptable.
13) You knew that Spice Girls and All Saints was a full-blown war.
14) B*Witched was a thing and it was cool AF.
15) You drank this… for some reason.
16) Your music news came from Smash Hits and CD:UK.
17) You probably had a Gaydar account.
18) You listened to Banarama on one of these.
19) Kylie had a weird patch… but you still loved her.
20) Beautiful Thing gave you life goals
The editor and chief of THEGAYUK.
YOUR SUPPORT MEANS EVERYTHING
Help us deliver unique, usable and reliable journalism that supports the gay, bisexual and curious community of the United Kingdom. Can you help protect LGBT+ media? Publishers like us have come under severe threat by the likes of Google and Facebook. The problem is that advertisers are choosing to put their money with them, rather than with niche publishers like us. Our goal is to eliminate banner ads altogether on site and we can do that if you could pledge us a tiny amount each month. We're asking our readers to pledge just £1 per month, more if you're feeling swanky. You can stop payment at any time. It's quick and easy to sign up and you'll only have to do it once. Click to start the journey!