Ahh the nineties…
1) Your first visit to “the scene” was a huge huge deal. And once you got there it was like heaven.
2) You had to, had to, have the curtain hair style and if your Mum was cool you were also allowed a step.
3) You screamed when Britney came on.
4) You screamed when Take That came on.
5) HIV and AIDS were scary AF and the memory of this advert still haunted us…
6) You had to watch Will And Grace.
7) You had to watch Queer As Folk – the UK.
8) Fila. That. Is. All.
9) You knew all the moves to Vogue… and then some.
10) You knew all the moves to Wannabe and then some.
11) Bleach was your go-to hair product.
12) Double denim was okay and socially acceptable.
13) You knew that Spice Girls and All Saints was a full-blown war.
14) B*Witched was a thing and it was cool AF.
15) You drank this… for some reason.
16) Your music news came from Smash Hits and CD:UK.
17) You probably had a Gaydar account.
18) You listened to Banarama on one of these.
19) Kylie had a weird patch… but you still loved her.
20) Beautiful Thing gave you life goals
The editor and chief of THEGAYUK. All in a previous life wrote and produced songs on multi-platinum records.
A note from the editor.
These are tough times for us all. Without a doubt. But we're here for you and want to continue being here for you for the foreseeable future. THEGAYUK.com needs your help to survive. Due to the nature of the articles that we publish, we find it very hard to monetize our site and have been heavily restricted by ad platforms. This leaves us two ways of making money to keep this site going. 1) We run an online shop which we encourage you to visit and if you can make a purchase and 2) We run popup shops at the prides we media partner with. As you'll no doubt be aware the majority of pride events have been cancelled or postponed for 2020, which leaves our site at risk of closure.
Around 70 per cent of our funding comes from these popup shops. So we have a severe funding shortfall for 2020.
If just 100 people who use this site each donated £2 per month we'd be able to pay for the hosting for the rest of the year - meaning we can continue to keep THEGAYUK online. Please, if you can, consider donating £2 or whatever you can to keep us going.