RECIPE: Chia Coconut Cookie Cakes28th May 2015 0 By Food Writer
Chia Coconut Cookie-Cakes
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick & Easy / Minimal Ingredients
With a simple bung in the bowl and beat method, these are ridiculously easy to make. When handling the mixture to shape, it will be wet, but this is what gives them the sponge like texture inside, under their toasty coconut exterior.
80g coconut flour
5 tbsp coconut oil, melted if solid
4 medium eggs
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apricot conserve/jam
2 tsp chia seeds
½ tsp baking powder
Pre-heat your oven to 200c / 180c (fan) / Gas Mark 6
- Grease and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix for a couple of minutes until completely combined.
- With your hands shape into equal size balls. If the mixture is too wet to handle add a couple of tablespoons more of coconut flour. You want them to be around the same size as when you connect your thumb to your index finger making a circle.
- Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet and press down lightly.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes when the tops of the cookie-cakes have turned slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Store in an air-tight container.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)