These delicious dairy-free truffles make lovely little gifts or can be served after dinner for guests to graze on. The different coatings of cacao powder, pistachios and coconut provide variety whilst also being nutritious!
Truffles – Makes 20-30
Prep 30 mins
Chill 3-4 hours
280g fair trade organic dark chocolate, I usually use a mix of both 70% & 85% cocoa content, chopped finely
3 tbsp coconut oil
240ml full fat coconut milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp rose water
20g raw cacao powder
pistachios, blitzed or finely chopped
desiccated coconut (try it toasted!)
- Place your chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan until it reaches simmering point.
- Pour the coconut milk into the bowl with the chocolate.
- Stir and combine very gently & slowly to avoid the chocolate splitting .
- Add the rose water and vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a Tupperware or lidded container and put in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
- On individual plates place the cacao powder, coconut and blitzed pistachios ready for rolling the truffles in.
- Use a melon baller to scoop balls of the truffle mix and then roll in your hands to shape further. Place each ball onto greaseproof paper.
- Roll each ball in a selection of cacao, coconut and pistachios. These will keep in an air-tight container for 5-7 days stored in the fridge.
This recipe is taken from my latest digital cookbook Food For Friends available for JUST £3.95 from TheGayShop.co.uk – Full of wonderful ideas this festive season.
“Cooking Food Is One Thing… Sharing Food Is Everything” – From sunny Brighton, if you love my work then you’ll love my new book ‘Food For Friends’ – Available for Apple, Android and Kindle devises from TheGayShop.co.uk – Enjoy.