Prep- 20 mins | Cook- 5 mins (Chill 3+ hours)
with cacao nibs, goji, and poppy seeds. (Makes around 30 chunks)
These bright and festively coloured chunks are heaven, and the topping is made up of an antioxidant medley! I love the way they look and make a great dessert option as part of canapés / finger food. Feel free to experiment with toppings; dried fruit, nuts, chia, candied peel etc. would all work wonderfully here.
400g white chocolate (must contain cocoa butter), chopped finely or blitzed in a food processor
125ml whipping cream
30g unsalted grass-fed butter, finely chopped
2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder, premium grade or organic
1 tbsp poppy seed
1 tbsp goji berries
1 tbsp cacao nibs
gold shimmer spray, optional
- Line a roasting dish or similar with greaseproof paper well enough so that the paper overhangs the edges of the dish (I used a roast pan sized 24.5cm x 19.5cm and 5cm deep)
- In a completely dry sauté pan or a deep frying pan , add the cream and over a medium heat warm through until you see small bubbles appear (DO NOT BOIL!).
- Remove from the heat immediately and add butter and white chocolate and stir swiftly to combine for a couple of minutes.
- Put back onto a low heat and continue to stir making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Once smooth, sift in your matcha green tea and stir well.
- Pour your green chocolate into your prepared dish, shimmy the pan slightly to evenly distribute and tap the dish down on your work surface a few times to eradicate any air bubbles.
- Top with cacao nibs, poppy seeds, and goji berries, pressing down lightly to secure them.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and spray with gold shimmer spray in your own design (if using).
- Lift the slab out of its dish using the greaseproof paper, and place onto a chopping board.
- Use a knife dipped in warm water to portion your chocolate slab into chunks. Keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge, and refrigerate until serving.
“Cooking Food Is One Thing… Sharing Food Is Everything” – From sunny Brighton, if you love my work then you’ll love my new book ‘Food For Friends’ – Available for Apple, Android and Kindle devises from TheGayShop.co.uk – Enjoy.